Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thinking back on Czech


Last summer I had the wonderful opportunity to go to the Czech Republic. I remember riding back on the train with a cart full of Czech girls, sitting laughing over my poor skills at learning the Czech language, and I just felt so much joy. These girls were not just Czech girls, on that train they became my friends and people I love and miss dearly. I don't think God will call me to the Czech Republic, but if He does I know I have a huge place in my heart for it! And tonight I will pray for my friends who will have yet another camp very soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! thanks for all the comments on my new blog. i'll have to spread it around...

as for this post, i feel the same way. i miss it a lot. but i dunno if i'll ever be called back there. as of right now i feel if i end up there it will be on my dime and not for the same trip, though i wouldn't mind doing that trip again.

when czech time comes around, it provokes my thoughts about God and my relationship with him. i'm not perfect, and i think i need to learn how to balance my life. when i focus on God, i tend to push the people around me at school out of my life and form negative presumptions about people. this seems to be the opposite of what God calls us to do. I can be friends with these people without sacrificing a relationship with Him. it took me a while to really see this clearly or at least remember it.

i think your blog is worthy of a link on my page!

Kelli said...

:) i think you are right about your friends and God, but they cant be your core friends. the people you are with influence you, and i think you know this that is why you struggled with it. i am glad you see that the two can fit though. God doesnt want us to not be friends with people just because they dont believe, that would be mean! :)