Tuesday, July 14, 2009

he does not withhold any good thing from those that love Him..and every good and perfect gift comes from above.

I don't know about anyone else, but it is very difficult for me to not care about looks. Of course we would never judge someone off of their looks, right? Yet, in reality we do. Not that this is an excuse, but I come out to acknowledge this because I know it is hurting to the emotions of others, and I am looking down upon God's creation, as well as when I look down on myself. I am motivated to write on this subject because much of the time I will look at myself and say I am out of my league, with guys, with friendships, with jobs, with even evangelizing. I feel like I never fit in. Then God reminded me that this body that I am in is not my permanent body, so I ask myself... why do I judge my own beauty and worth off of my own body when it is not what is permanent, it is not the essence of who I am. Then I begin to think, well what am I anyway then? Is it about good character, charm, assertiveness? Well again this can seem worldly. For what does self confidence, pride, and confidence define for our worth. It really only makes us feel good because we deny reality. So when I look at myself I can see, my body will always fail me in perfection and also will my character. But the beauty is that God has promised me the gift of resurrected life. One day I will be purified, sanctified, made holy before God, and in heaven exactly who I was created to be, having a home created just for me, and I will be the beautiful creation God intended me to be. Therefore I praise God for any good thing, any charm, any confidence, any good looks, good attire, or good hair days. But I will also look at the bad and praise God that He saved a wretch like me, and saved me from thinking that what I look and feel makes who I am. The only thing that should define us then is our allegiance to Christ, for He is creator of everything good, that defines my worth. And if my worth does not point to Christ, if every good thing I have does not point to Christ, than I have lost it all and have no worth at all, because I have nothing to offer from myself.

Thank you Lord that we can partake in the beauty of Your creation, and I pray that we would abundantly worship you more than we abundantly worship possessions. And I pray that we would strain toward the goal of heaven, where perfection comes and all will give glory to God. Thank you for the small good things to point us toward Your goodness, and thank you for the pain, ugliness, and faults because without it we would hopelessly deceive ourselves into thinking we were good and miss out on everything good thing that you do and create.

Ephesians 5:20 ...giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ...

No comments: