Sunday, July 26, 2009

Thank you Lord! :) May we be meek for Your glory.

I have just got to say...

I will not be ashamed of the gospel for it is the power of Christ at work in me. -Apostle Paul


MAN, I am just blown away by the subject of humility. Do you know how hard it is to not act cool? I laugh at this, maybe even scoff at this! Because it is so silly that it is such a tragic battle for many of us if not all (might I dare judge a little!) We are people who want a good reputation and are even willing to put on a face of pride, a guard on our heart, and a confidence of stature to walk proud and mighty, facing the day and feeling good about ourselves! But this is the devil's attitude. We should not be like this. The best attitude to have is a meek one. And I think highly on the verse about woman and how they should have a gentle and quiet spirit. For example, my baptism! That was a moment of meekness for me, a moment of joy. And days later I look back and am embarrassed that such a post is not sophisticated with highly used words. WHAT!? It is the most beautiful and glorifying thing to God to see one of His children joyful in the most simplistic of things, having joy in the gospel and being baptized! Let's be people who love God and love others, not ashamed to look dorky at times or even a little over happy at times, because the gospel should do that to us! And we should not be ashamed! It is the thing that brings the greatest joy, the greatest peace, and that is security the world does not offer. He came to give us peace right? and peace the world can never offer.

No comments: