Monday, July 27, 2009

good thoughts :)

So, I am just full of joy right now. I was beating myself up, and still have this problem, of just comparing myself to what the world says is beauty. I never used to be like this! But now, as I am being vulnerable, I have foolishly liked some guys who have not given me attention, I thought it was because I was not attractive. And I know the Bible says a woman should show her beauty by good works, not by jewelry. And I have read that a good character is more desired. Yet, men seem to not strive after a woman with good works, its like they are always chasing women who are attractive! And for a while, I was completely discouraged. But the fact that my Dad loves me even if I need to shower, makes me full of joy. The fact that my friend will call me to get advice about a relationship with God, even though I am not the most attractive person, fills me with joy! The fact that God uses me even when I am full of filth and bad thoughts, attitude, and deeds, fills me with joy! I have amazing guy friends in my life, and they love me no matter what I look like. I need to remember the friends I do have, and not the guys I foolishly get attracted to and find myself hopeless after no attention from them. How silly...God has already blessed me, must I look for more?

No comments: