Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Being vulnerable






It is incredibly embarrassing to be vulnerable. I don't know why, because it seems to be an attitude most desired by God for us. Yet it is in being vulnerable that one becomes open, has light shine on their darkness and then begins purifying one's self for the better. See my problem with becoming vulnerable is that it hurts, because people begin to see my thoughts and my attitudes that are purely wrong. But without letting others see I don't think I will ever heal from them. So my prayer today is that I can become more vulnerable for the sake of light to shine on the darkness and be healed by God. I know a few friends to confide in, and I shall call them soon..

Numbers 6:24-26 (New International Version)
"The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace."



1 comment:

Dan D. said...

There are times you have to makes jumps and leaps with people, but beyond the initial leap, it shouldn't be so hard.