Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Matchbox.

So I have become very sentimental lately. There have been some songs that have brought back memories. Do you know what feeling I am talking about? A song that just hits you with a burst of tears within? A Matchbox Twenty song came on the radio the other day and I just started tearing up, I was driving and I just gripped the steering wheel, and stared with watery eyes onto the road. All I could think of was back to high school, when I sat in my room laying on my bed while CD's like Matchbox Twenty, Dashboard Confessional and Brand New played. It is these three artists that hit me every time that I hear them. I think back to the depression and loneliness that I went through, when all I wanted to do was get through that phase. Maybe it was self pity, maybe it was utter hopelessness, maybe I didn't have my Savior then (I can't recall exactly what time of life this was but I think it was before I became a Christian), and I guess all I can think now is that memories are very sentimental to me. Like if I hear any country music it reminds me of my childhood and family memories, like before I pushed myself away from my family and things were good. Man, junior high ripped my life apart and I am still recovering form the damage done to my life then. Yet, God is good and I know that future memories will bring me back to the good memories and perhaps I will be healed from the damage that ripped away life from me.

1 comment:

Dan D. said...

The ability of music to remind one of emotions, memories, amongst other things, is very odd. scents and sights can trigger memories too, powerful stuff.