Sunday, July 12, 2009

prayer for my friends

I want to write a book about God's grace. But I think I have found my inspiration though for a Bible Study I will be creating before the summer ends which will be used with a Bible Study I do with internationals, mostly Chinese girls. (I miss them all terribly!) My theme will be grace. I will go through the book of John and see how grace comes through the character of Jesus and different acts or miracles that He does. I wish we could all know God's grace more. It sickens me when people feel burdened, that is not the Christian life Jesus called us to. He came to carry our burdens for us, to love us, to comfort us and of course to challenge us, discipline us, strengthen us, but all in the outcome of purification and love.


I am praying tonight that my friends may know the grace of God more fully.

Jesus, I am so in love with you. Thank you yesterday for giving me grace. Thank you for allowing me to rest these past two days. Thank you for the beautiful and loving family I babysit for. Thank you for little blessings like the Dr. Pepper I was given, the free shoes, my coffee mug, and my computer fixed. But I look beyond the benefits and I know that You are my brightest gem, because You will always remain in my pocket, you will never die, you will never leave me nor forsake me. God thank you for your grace and your love, I can not live without it. I pray Father that you would help my friend to experience your grace. Help them to move out of legalism into having you be their joy. I think of David Crowder, "you are my joy! you are my joy! you are my joy!" God, you are my joy! Without you, I am crap. Thank you for sanctifying me and making me worth something when I am nothing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay for Grace!